A domain is a unique name that appears after www. in web addresses. This domain directs customers to your online store. It is used to identify your website. For example, the domain name facebook.com consists of the website’s name (Facebook) and the domain name extension (.com).
When you sign up with us, the URL of your store will be http://shopname.myomni.in by default. You can change the URL anytime as per your preference (e.g. you may choose from the domain name extensions – .in, .com, .org, .net) by buying it from any domain registrar and configure it yourself by logging in to your domain provider’s portal.
In case you need any help with the domain configuration, you can get in touch with the support team at 022-40289333 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Still thinking if you really need a custom website domain?
There are a number of good reasons for having a domain name:
1. If you ever change your web host (the actual physical location of your website files), your domain name goes with you. Your regular visitors or customers who knew your site name as (say) www.thesitewizard.com would not have to be informed about a change of the web address (also known as “URL”) since as far as they are concerned, the site is still at the same place. They would simply type your domain name and they’d be transparently brought to your new location.
2. If you are a business, a domain name gives you credibility. Few people will be willing to do business with a company that does not have its own domain name.
3. If you get a domain name that describes your company’s business or name, people can remember the name easily and can return to your site without having to consult their documents. In fact, if you get a good name that describes your product or service, you might even get people who were trying their luck by typing “www.yourproductname.com” in their browser.
4. If you want good sponsors (advertisers) for your website, a domain name is usually helpful. It tends to give your website an aura of respectability.
1. If you buy the domain name from us, then we will automatically configure your domain name.
2. If you have already bought a domain name, you will have to configure it by logging in to your domain provider’s portal.